RelenTech Forum
My goal for RelenTech is to provide small, easy-to-use software to the public. My emphasis is on practicality and performance, not eye-catching graphics, or useless functions. Most of my software performs just as well, and in some cases, better, than most 'commercial' programs that provide the same services. RelenTech software uses barely any system resources, even when doing CPU-intensive operations, so there is never a problem with system 'freezes'.

If you already have an account, please click 'Login' below to continue.
If you do not have an account, won't you take a moment to join for free by clicking the 'Register' button below?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RelenTech Forum
My goal for RelenTech is to provide small, easy-to-use software to the public. My emphasis is on practicality and performance, not eye-catching graphics, or useless functions. Most of my software performs just as well, and in some cases, better, than most 'commercial' programs that provide the same services. RelenTech software uses barely any system resources, even when doing CPU-intensive operations, so there is never a problem with system 'freezes'.

If you already have an account, please click 'Login' below to continue.
If you do not have an account, won't you take a moment to join for free by clicking the 'Register' button below?
RelenTech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Display a Text Message During Bootup of Windows 7

Go down

Display a Text Message During Bootup of Windows 7 Empty Display a Text Message During Bootup of Windows 7

Post by relentlesstech Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Sometimes you might want to leave a text message for a user before they log into a Windows 7 computer. This trick allows you to leave a message they can read before logging in.

Instructions:

1. Click on Start and enter regedit into the Search box and hit Enter.

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\System and double-click on legalnoticecaption

3. In the Value data field enter in the header you want - For instance, your company name, or the name of your computer - Whatever you want it to be, then click OK.

4. Double-click on legalnoticetext, and in the Value data field enter in the message you want to display, and click OK.

5. Close out of Registry Editor, and reboot the computer.

After the machine reboots you’ll see the text message you just created at the Welcome screen!
relentlesstech
relentlesstech
Admin

http://relentech.nstars.org

Back to top Go down